Friday, August 19, 2011

Tying Ties

I have done things in these past few days that I never thought I'd do. I've learned to tie a tie (well, a neckerchief, but it's the same knot), and I found the highway from downtown without getting lost first. Two extremely large feats for me!

Before yesterday, I had never found the highway from downtown without a GPS or some sort of map. However, I don't have to say that anymore! Leaving school for the first time on Thursday, I knew I was going to spend a few minutes - or hours - maneuvering my car around the one-way streets of Denver trying to find the entrance to I-25. But I had my Panic! at the Disco CD and was ready for a little quality time with downtown. The time came to leave campus. And of course that time was rush hour. I walked out to my car ready to face the adventure that lie ahead. I stuck the key into the ignition and revved up the car. I even put on my squinty eyes (not to be confused with Mr. Potato Head's angry eyes), ready to take on any competition that came my way. A car pulled out in front of me, and I quickly followed. We darted through the city streets. We took on the one-way signs with ease. Suddenly, a sign appeared. It was those glorious blue and white colors that announce the highway. I did it. Well, the random stranger I was following did it... Close enough.

Okay, I admit it. Even though I've already been through two days of class, there isn't much going on. I'm just trying to make me sound awesome, but obviously I'm failing. I don't get to start cooking in class until the beginning of October, so the only things I'm learning are how to communicate with people and run a business, where to sit so you don't have to breathe in the cigarette smoke of your classmate, and how to keep sweat off my neck using that tight, hot neckerchief. All very important things, yes, but I want to cook!

Actually, I've had a lot of fun in this first week of class! I've learned a lot, made some friends, had some fun, and even eaten food from another class. Although, if anyone from that class is reading this, your omelets could use more salt.

Soon. I will cook soon! Maybe I'll even stick some amateur recipe up here for you guys to try out tomorrow. Get hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment